Tuesday, May 8, 2012

TERRARIUMS

This was originally going to be a post on how to make fun, creative, and affordable terrariums. Well it still is, however, I got super excited to make mine, and forgot to take step-by-step photos while I was creating them....
So, it won't be quite as exciting, but definitely still fun! :)

Who doesn't love these little creations?! Mine were super easy and most of what I used was found nearby my apartments.

What I used:
-soil
-rocks
-moss
-strange weeds of some kind
-a fish bowl I had lying around the house and a large jar
-succulents (the only thing I had to actually buy)

1. Go on a nature walk to gather your items.
2. Put it all together. Start with the soil, then the succulents, then just add your rocks/moss, and whatever else you can come up with!
3. Lightly water.

Done!

Pretty simple, right?

This is what mine turned out like:



my collection of potenial containers


terrarium #1


terrarium #2



happy creating! xo, rachelle





1 comment:

  1. I've had this project on my mind for quite some time! Yours turned out so cute! I finally created one this morning out of a large glass peanut butter glass jar and a little succulent I rescued from a poorly looked after excuse of a nursery. He now has a happy home on my windowsill... Thanks for the inspiration, Racheeeeezy!

    http://instagram.com/p/Pk1xnQMmob/

    ReplyDelete